Sunday, January 20, 2008

About Me

I am currently an advisor for a very large company, and I recently completed my MBA at Queen's University.

I am responsible for the technical standards and enterprise systems architecture for my corporation. I have been assigned two main tasks: managing a number of projects to implement technologies that will serve as core components for the enterprise, and developing and implementing a new governance process for IT projects. I have worked professionally for 11 years in total. As an advisor and IT professional for the past 8 years, I have developed a solid foundation in project management, technical architecture, and consensus building. I've developed in a number of languages and on a few RDBMSs, but my favourite combination is C# with SQL Server. I'm an SOA advocate and I spend a lot of times making sure systems can talk to each other.

I have excelled in motivating and leading others in the work place through management and by acting as a role model and mentor to colleagues. I have worked with dozens of multi-functional and multi-ethnic teams, and have successfully led important initiatives. For example, in 2007 I led the selection process for a small team of distributed developers in 3 cities. This required me to organize the team structure, pre-screen and interview candidates, and lead the team through its tasks. After 3 months, I conducted performance evaluations and transitioned the team to an operations group.

In 2006, I led a project to automate data entry from returned mail for a large bank. The project was successful and generated hundreds of thousands of dollars for my company each year while allowing the client to re-deploy a team of 20 data entry clerks. This project allowed me to meet with senior leadership from the bank headquarters in another city to gather requirements and lead a team of 3 developers to write a new software program to input data into the bank’s databases.

I also have a record of success in consensus building. I have led teams of people from different companies with different agendas and focused on building consensus through lateral communication between the companies. As an example, in 2008, I successfully achieved consensus on an external security solution with a team comprised of internal stakeholders, external contractors, and in-sourced experts. Also in 2008, I developed a technical standards definition by conducting working sessions with 12 different functional teams and presented the findings to C-level executives.

Early in my career, I was an officer in the Canadian military. I was fortunate to have participated in leadership training several times throughout the course of my career in the military. As a result I had very effectively led a team of twelve sailors on a small patrol ship for two years. As well as a leader of sailors I was also responsible for both the weapons and the boats. I was awarded Top Junior Officer two consecutive years in my military career. After 7 years of service I was honorably discharged at the rank of Navy Lieutenant (equivalent to Army Captain).

I have a Bachelors degree from Carleton University, an AIT diploma from ITI, and an MCSD Certification (with exams written in the C# concentration).

In the next five years, my career goal is to obtain a director-level IT position within my company. I enjoy working on large transformational IT projects for interesting clients with challenging requirements– especially when the projects involve travel to different cities and countries.

If you'd like to get in touch with me, send me an email at advise.kaiser (at) gmail (dot) com







No comments:

Post a Comment