1. Taking a shotgun approachIt's a pretty good list, but I personally wonder if the number 1 mistake, "Taking a shotgun approach", may be a little broad. It seems like a lot of people are having success with guerrilla SOA, and there could be some overlap.
2. Failing to involve business analysts
3. Spending more time on SOA products than SOA Planning
4. Tackling the largest projects first
5. Forgetting that SOA is a business Problem
6. Treating identity as an afterthought
7. Buying new products when existing investments suffice
8. Misunderstanding company key players
9. Expecting the SOA project to spread quickly
10. Lacking necessary elements
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Paul Callahan's list of top 10 mistakes when implementing SOA projects
Paul Callahan from NetManage just posted a list of top 10 mistakes when implementing SOA projects over on ZDNet.