Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Top 10 CIO resolutions for 2009

According to Gartner, here are the top 10 2009 resolutions for CIOs:

1. Start building an alumni network

2. Stop being the exception that enforces the rules

3. Start scouting for key talent

4. Start preparing for the unexpected

5. Start using social systems yourself, visibly

6. Start taking cloud seriously

7. Stop ignoring people and opting for soft targets

8. Start offering your vendors a free lunch

9. Stop fearing the future; start driving it

10. Discover newer technologies to get experience of in 2009

Although I'm not a CIO, I really like number 2, since in my role I enforce standards and often come off as "the bad guy", number 5, since I'm a blogger, linkedin user, and facebook user, number 6, since Microsoft Azure and Amazon's EC2 are at the right level of maturity to start exploring in depth, and number 8, since I see the benefits of setting a frugal tone with vendors.

Check out Gartner's list and commentary here.

1 comment:

  1. you're a little late - it's already 1/2 way through January

    ReplyDelete