Wednesday, December 9, 2009

More nostalgia: Cool hardware

My team mate Eric from b-school sent us these pictures and a great story about some old hardware and gave me permission to post them here. We're doing a presentation on Schumpeter's take on creative destruction, and we were comparing old technologies with those that have superseded them.
Here are my collection items.

Both of them were extensively used although they are in a mint condition!

The computer is a replica of Sinclair ZX-81.
Only 16KBytes RAM and 8KBystes of ROM.
When you typed and loaded the program, you had to save it on a cassette tape otherwise you loose all your work when on turn off.
I spent lot of good night programing and creating games on this computer. Good times when I was really doing something useful.
Now it is only memories.



No comments:

Post a Comment